Friday, July 17, 2009

An Appeal to the Community

The race is now a Marathon.....On Monday, July 20th. at 8 PM 3 of 5 Municipal Councilors will make a decision, or defer it to later, about the future of our Wind By-Law.....

We need prayers; we need e-mails; we need people to fill the hallowed chamber.

Yes, 3 people will decide the future for 8,000 people in the Municipality....The Warden is walking off the job for a 2 month Leave of Absence tomorrow; and Councilor Amero of Weymouth,(does he take a cut in pay?) is exempted for conflict of interest.....quite a kettle of stinky fiah 'ain't it?"

Attached a couple of letters from today's Digby Courier......both very timely and very good.


I am sure the Digby Courier would be pleaed to host your letters from wherever you are...If you have visited Digby Neck and/or live here full or part time, wouldn't it be good to fill a page with letters asking the Council/Planning Advisory Committee to stand up for Digby neck.....

Emails to Councilors@municipality.digby.ns.ca or editor@digbycourier.ca (by 10 AM tomorrow)

Councilor Linda Gregory will vote to pass the by-law built over the past year or so;

Jimmy MacAlpine will be acting warden, and would be called upon to break a tie.

Meritza Adams seems to favor letting the by-law fail.

No better time than now "to come to the aid of your country!"

If I am (starting) to bug you, let me know, but I've come to love the people of this place so much I don't want to see their way of life destroyed....There are many of us having sleepless nights. Small business'in Gullivers Cove could be in jeopardy; Bethany Place, with all it's apostolic work, may be forced to close and leave the area.( You can't operate a Centre of Spirituality with retreats etc.,etc. under constant noise, nor a hermitage......Their charitable works are well known over the past 30 years and as I've written to Council,
"noise could drive out our God because God cannot fill noisy,troubled hearts"...They are the best friend of the poor,the needy, those on the fringes of society and the bureaucratic entities and cliques.....

I'm 73; my years here have been wonderful. Being alone with no blood ties here, makes it easy for me to pack up and leave, but who would give me a return on my money on my home and lot with turbines whizzing relentlessly for the next 20 years? A million dollar view? Of course, and more, to wit, the bond of friendship and support I find in this community. But the thought of unrelenting noise obliterates all that.Rather than sell the place for next to nothing, I feel compelled to tear it down to make sure our Council derives no tax dollars from it in perpetuity.....save a pittance for the land....


Should the wind by-law die, then it will be open house until the slaughter is complete by competing Wind Developers all along the Neck. That's what Barry Zwicker, one of the Windfield Big Wigs had in mind when he told our Council that they screwed up; drop the by-law; "Let us come to help you!" Have you known such arrogance in your life?

It's the 11th hour. It's not too late to make a difference....

A hundred thousand apologies for ranting, but I am very angry.

If you need more info,get back to me on email or phone 902-245-5171...I'm in for the rest of the day.....

Please know, I am not a self-appointed representative of anyone. I'm doing my own gig here because I have to.I am dancing to my own drummer despite the Warden's statement to the contrary...danny

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics